WardWideWeb

This blog is in no way, shape, or form a democracy. This blog is a dictatorship, or maybe just a monarchy. At any rate, I am HRH. I own this blog. Whether you agree or disagree with me, you are welcome to comment provided a) you are an adult and b) you can act like one. NO personal attacks, no drunken rants, and mild expletives only, please. Otherwise, you'll be deleted, banned, or drawn and quartered. My choice.

Monday, February 04, 2008

Book Meme #2

Mac tagged me for this book meme and I'm finally getting around to it!

1) What book have you read in the last six months which stayed with you? Why?

"The Secret Diary of Elisabeth Leseur" - this woman was married to an atheist and all her friends were either agnostic or atheist and she never uttered a peep - just kept up her piety and offered up her immense physical and mental sufferings for their conversions. After she died, her hubby found her diary. And converted. And became a priest. Her cause for canonization is open. Don't be afraid to ask her to help with conversions or hardheaded husbands. Her writing is beautiful, as was her life. Her humility and gentleness are a model for us all.

2.) What is one of your favorite childhood books?

I loved many books, but since I have to pick one...
I loved the Chronicles of Narnia, especially The Magician's Nephew.

3.) Do you have a favorite book of the Bible?

Depends on my mood. I, like Mac, like Psalms, but I also love Proverbs, the book of John, Isaiah, Kings, and Apocalypse.

4) What book could you read over and over again?

Mere Christianity by CS Lewis.
Okay, anything by CS Lewis.

5) Is there a book you would suggest for Lenten reading?

All four Gospels.

BONUS: If you were going to publish a book, what would it be?

A "simple meals" cookbook for moms.

Who would write the jacket?

One of Paula Deen's cute sons.

I tag all those who have seen 70 degrees F or more in the last month!