?
Like I was saying at a friend's house last night, I am stunned - stunned! at the unbelievable lack of attention paid to this story.
It did NOT make the NY Times online today. It barely made CNN.com - it's a small side story.
I LIVE IN CHICAGO - this happened at 11 - we didn't even hear about it until 2PM, and the only way we found out was that it was mentioned briefly on msnbc.com.
It was NOT on any of the major news networks. (As soon as we read about it, we started flipping around trying to find something out. Nothing.)
FIVE women were shot and killed! To further the need for coverage, the SUSPECT IS AT LARGE and this appears to have been a random robbery gone bad - everyone is still in danger.
I'll bet you a thousand dollars if this had been an Abercrombie and Fitch store in Lincoln Park, they'd still be "live from the scene", putting out community alerts to all the thin, wealthy yuppies.
Unbelievably tragic, and a sad commentary on who is "important" in this world.
May they rest in peace, and may the cops not rest until they find this maniac.

<< Home