By the way...

I should mention that Brendan Reilly (42nd) is my favorite alderman in Chicago.
He hasn't had a chance to become corrupt yet.
He's fighting the mayor on the Children's Museum/Grant Park crap, I've never heard him raise his voice or turn all red when answering a simple question, and I really think he loves Chicago and takes seriously the job he was elected to do, unlike EVERY SINGLE OTHER politician in this place.
I wish they were all like him.
Heck, I wish just one or two were like him.
I love that he turned down the Cubs offer, and if you think for one second it was because he's already a season ticket holder and therefore already eligible to buy a couple of tickets, you're wrong.
I think you can buy up to 4 tickets if you're a season ticket holder. ANYONE would love to have as many as they could get their hands on. They are the hottest ticket in town, period.
Reilly isn't turning down the Cubs because he has his tickets.
He said no because he knows it's wrong.
He's turning down the Cubs because he's trying to avoid corruption. Even so, he phrased it so as to not imply corruption in his fellow aldermen.

<< Home