Novena to St. Gerard, Day 8
On the third day, there was a wedding at Cana of Galilee, and Jesus' mother was there. Now, Jesus was invited to the wedding as well as His disciples, and when the wine ran out Jesus' mother said to Him, "They have no wine." Jesus replied, "What do you want from me, woman? My hour has not come yet." His mother said to the servants, "Do whatever He tells you."
-Jn 2:1-5
St. Gerard, I ask you to obtain for me the gift of joyful self-giving. Help me to understand that I can find genuine happiness as I do my best to care for my family.
During your life you found in Mary a source of comfort and a secure guide in all the events of your life. Teach me to turn to her in trust and confidence when I feel the weight of responsibilities, when I feel that others ask more of me than I can give. Like Mary, God's Mother and mine, let me know the joy that comes in living my life for others. Amen.
Novena Prayer
St. Gerard, you loved God and served Him faithfully while on earth. Now from heaven, teach me to have great confidence in the Lord and to recognize His faithful love in my life.
Trusting in your powerful intercession before the most Blessed Trinity, I ask you to obtain this favor (mention your request). I believe there is no limit to what God can do, and I place my faith in His infinite wisdom and goodness, always at work even when I cannot see or understand it. I ask you to guide me along life's journey until the day I will join you and all the angels and saints in heaven to praise God for all eternity.
Recite the Our Father, Hail Mary, Glory be.

<< Home