WardWideWeb

This blog is in no way, shape, or form a democracy. This blog is a dictatorship, or maybe just a monarchy. At any rate, I am HRH. I own this blog. Whether you agree or disagree with me, you are welcome to comment provided a) you are an adult and b) you can act like one. NO personal attacks, no drunken rants, and mild expletives only, please. Otherwise, you'll be deleted, banned, or drawn and quartered. My choice.

Monday, July 10, 2006

Novena to St. Gerard, Day 4.

For the Gift of Discipleship
"Let us not grow tired of doing good, for in due time we will also reap a harvest if we do not give up."
-Gal 6:9

St. Gerard, help me to serve the Lord more generously. I want to be wholehearted in following jesus, giving myself in fitting service to others as he did: family, church, workplace, and community.
Help me to understand that humble and loving service, like that of Jesus, can free me from sin and selfishness. If I become discouraged and think that my efforts for God's kingdom may be in vain, speak to my heart the words that Jesus spoke to His disciples: "Let your light so shine before others that they will see your good works and glorify your Father in heaven" (Mt 5:16). May my life always reflect the reality of Christ's life within me.
Amen.

Novena Prayer

St. Gerard, you loved God and served Him faithfully while on earth. Now from heaven, teach me to have great confidence in the Lord and to recognize His faithful love in my life.

Trusting in your powerful intercession before the most Blessed Trinity, I ask you to obtain this favor (mention your request). I believe there is no limit to what God can do, and I place my faith in His infinite wisdom and goodness, always at work even when I cannot see or understand it. I ask you to guide me along life's journey until the day I will join you and all the angels and saints in heaven to praise God for all eternity.

Recite the Our Father, Hail Mary, Glory be.

St. Gerard, pray for us.