Novena to St. Gerard, Day 6
"For if you forgive others their offenses, your Heavenly Father will forgive you too; but if you do not forgive others, neither will your Father forgive your offenses."
-Mt 6: 14-16
St. Gerard, help me to live the spirit of the Our Father, to forgive injuries as I want others to forgive me when offend them. When past hurts come to mind, help me to forgive again, deep within my heart, so I can finally be free of anger, bitterness, and the desire for revenge.
Show me how to be an instrument of the Lord's peace and love within my family, among my friends and neighbors, coworkers and colleagues. I pray that my hear may be a worthy dwelling place for the Holy Spirit, and my life a witness to the healing power of Jesus. Amen.
St. Gerard, you loved God and served Him faithfully while on earth. Now from heaven, teach me to have great confidence in the Lord and to recognize His faithful love in my life.
Trusting in your powerful intercession before the most Blessed Trinity, I ask you to obtain this favor (mention your request). I believe there is no limit to what God can do, and I place my faith in His infinite wisdom and goodness, always at work even when I cannot see or understand it. I ask you to guide me along life's journey until the day I will join you and all the angels and saints in heaven to praise God for all eternity.
Recite the Our Father, Hail Mary, Glory be.
St. Gerard, pray for us.

<< Home