WardWideWeb

This blog is in no way, shape, or form a democracy. This blog is a dictatorship, or maybe just a monarchy. At any rate, I am HRH. I own this blog. Whether you agree or disagree with me, you are welcome to comment provided a) you are an adult and b) you can act like one. NO personal attacks, no drunken rants, and mild expletives only, please. Otherwise, you'll be deleted, banned, or drawn and quartered. My choice.

Wednesday, January 16, 2008

By the way...

I was once in a batting cage and we put the speed on "60 mph."
It took me nearly ten tries to figure out what I had to do to hit the ball when it was going that fast - you have to begin your swing as soon as you see the ball come up, before it leaves the pitching machine. And even then all I could do was barely make contact and weakly foul the ball off.

I cannot even fathom hitting a round ball with a round bat when said ball is traveling 100 mph, yet men do it.

And when the light on the machine went out, I stepped in front of the machine on my way out of the cage and it pitched another ball, which hit my shin.
I thought I was going to be crippled for life.
It hurt so. bad.

98 mph in the batting helmet? It's a miracle more men haven't died.