WardWideWeb

This blog is in no way, shape, or form a democracy. This blog is a dictatorship, or maybe just a monarchy. At any rate, I am HRH. I own this blog. Whether you agree or disagree with me, you are welcome to comment provided a) you are an adult and b) you can act like one. NO personal attacks, no drunken rants, and mild expletives only, please. Otherwise, you'll be deleted, banned, or drawn and quartered. My choice.

Thursday, May 15, 2008

Modest dress for the - ahem - mature maid of honor.

My friends Daniel and Michelle are getting married in July and I am honored to be Michelle's Matron of Honor. Michelle is a very easygoing bride and basically told me to find something that looked good and buy it.
Sounds great, right?

Except then you begin a mad search for a modest, age-appropriate, and pretty dress that would suit a Tridentine High Mass in July.

Riiiight. You'd sooner find Richard Dawkins in a confessional or Nancy Pelosi volunteering at a crisis pregnancy center.

After much hand-wringing, I came across Coco Myles.
This online site allows you to choose the fabric, beading, top and bottom to your dress.
I chose a short-sleeved eggplant number with beading and a ballgown skirt in a lightweight georgette fabric, all for $178!

You can see it here.

Coco Myles gets excellent customer reviews and I am sure I'll be quite happy with my dress, which arrives tomorrow! Yay!

If you need a formal dress, you might want to check this place.
(They also have a section of "Celebrity-Inspired" dresses which are great if you're rail thin and 20.)