My house smells like church! My house smells like church!
Ohhhhhhhhhhhh, I love the smell of church!
I went to buy some cardamom the other day for some cookies I was going to bake. Peapod, which is admittedly a bit more expensive than physically going to the grocery store but not THIS much, wanted $9.99 for 1.9 ounces.
I. don't. think. so.
I started surfing the net and came across this site.
Here, I could get an entire 2 ounce shaker for $4.02!
(Erm, I guess I thought 2 ounces was smaller than it is. It's a shaker that's about 4 inches tall - quite a lot of cardamom. I digress.)
Now, being the impulse buyer that I am, I started surfing the site and came across stuff like taco seasoning and cajun seasoning, both of which are easy to make, but honestly, to buy all the stuff and make it myself would have taken more time AND been more expensive in the end.
Oh, and old-fashioned candy sticks.

And they have soooo much stuff - all sorts of snack mixes, dried fruits, chocolate stuff, beans and grains -- all in bulk (although not necessarily 5-gallon buckets a la Costco - as evidenced by my 2 ounce purchases) and all super-affordable.
The rave reviews cooks were giving their products on the site were enough for me to trust the stuff, and I smelled some of the spices I got, and indeed they are nice quality.
But the best thing I got was pure frankincense resin!
If you don't have an incense burner or home thurible, you just (as I did) put a small amount in an old pan and put it on the stove on low heat.
It smells soooo good, and I got what they call a pound (it's more like 2 pounds) for only $12.
I love the smell of frankincense, and I have some killer frankincense candles, but I have a bad habit of using them all up immediately after I get them because I love them so much. This will allow me to have the smell without using up my pretty candles. (I like to burn the candles in the bedroom while reading at night.)They also had myrrh gum, which I intend to try also.
Oh, and they have bee pollen and many other supplements, and stuff like raw honey, too.
And natural peanut butter, and loose tea, and even decent prices on the most expensive spice on the planet, saffron.
($61/ounce isn't bad at all.)
I will definitely shop from Bulk Foods again.
(They shipped it very quickly, also, via UPS ground.)
Oh, P.S.
I have bought in bulk before and wound up with a bunch of cheap plastic bags of stuff.
ALL of this stuff came in quality containers. The spices are in real spice containers!
Imagine...

<< Home