NBC-2.
From a news story on NBC-2, which I believe is out of Orlando:
"Their identities of the victim's have not been released."
Sigh.
I refer the author to the Apostrophe Protection Society's Home Page.
If you are writing a word which means "more than one of something", please, for the love of all that is holy, do not use an apostrophe.
I like bananas. NOOOOOT "I like banana's."
I went to two concerts. NOOOOOOT "I went to two concert's."
Ma Beck stuck pencils in her eyes because I used too many apostrophes. NOOOOOOT "Ma Beck stuck pencil's in her eye's because I used too many apostrophe's."
An apostrophe (unless used in a contraction, e.g. can't for can not, won't for will not) IMPLIES OWNERSHIP.
The banana's skin is yellow.
NEVER The banana's are tasty fruits.
My (one) cat's litter box is disgusting.
NEVER My cat's hate sharing their litter box with each other.
We now return you to your regularly scheduled program.

<< Home