This blog is in no way, shape, or form a democracy. This blog is a dictatorship, or maybe just a monarchy. At any rate, I am HRH. I own this blog. Whether you agree or disagree with me, you are welcome to comment provided a) you are an adult and b) you can act like one. NO personal attacks, no drunken rants, and mild expletives only, please. Otherwise, you'll be deleted, banned, or drawn and quartered. My choice.
Homily from last year.
I don't know what they teach in priest school and I am not sure what all the "technical" ingredients of a homily should be, but this contains:
1) Interesting subject matter
2) Interesting historical notes
3) Reference to the ancient Church
4) Theologically sound teaching
5) Gentle instruction
If that's not what makes a good homily, I don't know what is.
This is not from this Ascension Thursday - it's from last year. But I'm reposting it for anyone who never read it last year. Read it now. It rocks.
<< Home