WardWideWeb

This blog is in no way, shape, or form a democracy. This blog is a dictatorship, or maybe just a monarchy. At any rate, I am HRH. I own this blog. Whether you agree or disagree with me, you are welcome to comment provided a) you are an adult and b) you can act like one. NO personal attacks, no drunken rants, and mild expletives only, please. Otherwise, you'll be deleted, banned, or drawn and quartered. My choice.

Saturday, December 30, 2006

"Each one of them is Jesus in disguise." -Blessed Theresa of Calcutta


Carolina Cannonball has a great post up about nuns.
Her post reminded me of something that happened Wednesday night.

Some sisters from the Missionaries of Charity come to St. John Cantius for Mass on occasion. It always gladdens my heart to see these beautiful sisters present.
There is something really wonderful about being in the presence of palpable personal holiness.

As I was exiting the church, about to go downstairs, I glanced up and caught the eye of two of these sisters.
The smiles which they gave and the light in their eyes was nearly overwhelming. I managed a "Good evening, Sisters", but it was difficult, because my heart was so moved.
The Light of Christ was so reflected in the beautiful faces of these young women.
We are all supposed to reflect this Light, but let's face it, most of us, myself most of all, do a poor job of it.
These sisters' faces don't just contain smiles, or shining eyes, or kindness. They really seem to be a home for Christ's reflection. He seems - at home in there.
I could tell by looking at these sisters that they loved me, really loved me. It is a bit unnerving to feel that from a total stranger.
Still, it is warm and wonderful and peaceful and comforting.
Thank you, God.