WardWideWeb

This blog is in no way, shape, or form a democracy. This blog is a dictatorship, or maybe just a monarchy. At any rate, I am HRH. I own this blog. Whether you agree or disagree with me, you are welcome to comment provided a) you are an adult and b) you can act like one. NO personal attacks, no drunken rants, and mild expletives only, please. Otherwise, you'll be deleted, banned, or drawn and quartered. My choice.

Friday, March 03, 2006

Funny.

You know how people who were raised Catholic can not attend Mass for 50 years,
not believe a word the Church says, and yet...
they still get ashes on Ash Wednesday, or they still won't eat meat on Fridays?

Well, there's this guy I work with like that. Never goes to Mass, etc.
So last night we were talking, and one of the gals I work with said, "Let's order cheese pizza
tomorrow. It's Friday, and we can't eat meat."

And this guy said, "Oh, whatever! I'll eat meat. Big deal. But --- but---- I do not, will not
eat meat on Good Friday. But that's the only Friday."

Immediately, without missing a beat, this girl (who's not exactly known for being clever) says, "Oh, yeah,
J. That's great. That's -- that's the Gates of Heaven right there. That'll get you in."